Monday 26 January 2015

Research

Research.


Websites


http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/

I found this website useful as it gave some very informative information, in particular an article regarding shooting flowers in macro. This can be found here-    

 http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2014/12/18/macro-photography-tips-set-eye-catching-close-ups/

The same website also had a very useful article about lighting flowers for still life shots. This can be found here-

http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2013/01/30/the-still-life-photographers-guide-to-lighting-4-techniques-4-different-effects/2/

Youtube.

This was an invaluable resource for tutorials when I needed help with Photoshop. The video format which allows you to see a technique actually take place helped me to both learn and gather ideas that I could use when editing my own photographs.

http://www.photoshop.com//learn

The website from which I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop. It had some great tutorials which were inspiring and again helped me gather ideas for post image capture ideas.

Book.

Nikon D5300 From Snapshots to Great Shots. Rob Sylvan

This was a great self learn book written especially for the owners of the camera that I used for this project. This was useful as a reminder of how I could achieve certain affects that I wanted with my camera and its settings.

Photographers.

Ron Van Dongen

Venezuelan photographer (1961- ) Produces beautiful black and white floral images.

Imogen Cunningham

American photographer (1883-1976) who was known for her nude and industrial landscapes as well as her botanical photography.

James Thornbrook

British, self taught, fine art photographer.

Robert Mapplethorpe

American Photographer (1946-1989) best known for his often controversial, erotic black and white photography. His work also includes still life images of flowers.

Heather Angel

A British nature photographer (1941-) She is also a author and television presenter.



No comments:

Post a Comment